The Surgical Program provides perioperative care (care throughout the patients stay from registration to discharge) to patients of all ages requiring surgery, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The surgical services include:
24/7 on call coverage is provided for the program by OR nursing staff, a surgeon, an anesthetist, an obstetrician, a pediatrician and an internal medicine physician.
The Surgical Program is responsible for the coordination of the following within the Hospital:
- Surgical Suite including Operating Room (OR) Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU)
- Outpatient Surgery Department
- Inpatient Surgery Unit and a Pre-Op Holding Unit
- Family Centred Maternal Child Care Unit (FCMCCU)
- Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) and Constant Observation Unit