Awards & Recognition
An Award-Winning Health Care Facility
STEGH is proud to be an award winning health care facility. The Hospital has received many awards/formal recognition over the past few years, including:
- Awarded Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification by The Canada Green Building Council (CAGBC) for STEGH's North Tower. Through design, construction, and operations practices, LEED-certified buildings improve environmental and human health, and contribute to a more sustainable future.
- Distinction in Stroke Services - Awarded by Accreditation Canada's Stroke Distinction Program (2023)
- Top Local Employer 2022 and 2019 as voted by residents of St. Thomas and Elgin County in the myFM Spirit Awards.
- 2022 Creating Healthy Workplaces Award - recognizing STEGH for making employee health an essential part of the organizations’ culture.
- STEGH named as one of the "Best Places to Work 2022" by Human Resources Director Canada (HRDC).
- STEGH named one of the World's Best Hospitals according to Newsweek (2022).
- STEGH received the Ontario Health (Trillium Gift of Life Network) Award for Provincial Conversion Rate in 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. This award is presented to hospitals that meet or exceed the target set to convert potential organ donors to actual donors.
- STEGH received the Ontario Health (Trillium Gift of Life Network) Award for Provincial Eligible Approach Rate in 2021. This award recognizes hospitals for demonstrating leading practices by facilitating a donation discussion with eligible patients/families of patients at end of life.
- Favourite Local Employer 2021 as voted by residents of St. Thomas and Elgin County in the myFM Spirit Awards.
- Accreditation Canada: Awarded Accreditation with Exemplary Standing - 2019 Report
- Yolanda Mundt, Manager of Diagnostic Imaging at STEGH received the Living Values Award from Studer Group Canada. Yolanda was recognized for her daily interactions and results-oriented performance which exemplify the values and standards at STEGH.
- Recognition as “Examples of Success” were given to STEGH from the Health Quality Ontario (formerly the Ontario Health Quality Council) Annual Report regarding work to reduce Alternate Level of Care patients.