Help Us Serve You Better
Your Feedback is Important to Us
At St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital, we work together to deliver outstanding patient experiences and quality care. We recognize that sometimes patients and/or their families may have questions or concerns, or may wish to share their patient stories with us. Your experiences help us to make continuous improvements to the way we deliver care. We encourage you to first speak with your health care team. Our Patient Experience Office is also here to help. Please contact us by email or phone:
Floriana Sherifi, Patient Experience Specialist
Telephone: 519-631-2030 ext. 2184 (If you get our voicemail, please leave a brief message and your call will be returned.)
What happens when you share feedback with the hospital? Click here to find out.
Let us know about your hospital stay by completing this short survey. To start, click the button below.
What does the Patient Experience Office do?
- Support you and your family to resolve concerns about care received at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
- Facilitate effective communication between you and your healthcare team
- Share your compliments and concerns with your healthcare team
When contacting us by email or letter, please include the following information:
- Your name and phone number.
- If you are not the patient, please add the patient’s name, date of birth or address, and your relationship to the patient (Please note: St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital must have consent of the patient (or their parent/guardian) before disclosing information to a third party. If the patient is not capable of providing consent, we will require consent from the patient’s Substitute Decision Maker and/or Power of Attorney.
- Details of your experience, including location (hospital, unit or clinic), persons involved, and date.
- Details of conversations you've had previously with your care team about your concern.
- Expected outcome - Would you like someone to follow-up with you? What questions would you like answered? What is your hope for resolution?
Patient Partner Program
We invite our patients, families and caregivers to apply to our Patient Partner Program. Through this program, we have a group of dedicated individuals who partner and work collaboratively with our physicians and staff to ensure the voice of the patient and/or caregiver is represented in our programs, services, and future planning. Your feedback helps enhance the patient experience!
Declaration of Patient and Family Values
Click here to view our Declaration of Patient and Family Values.