Location & Directions
Please note: The City of St. Thomas has temporarily closed Elm Street in front of the hospital for construction. A detour route is in effect until November 2019. Patients are asked to allow extra time for parking when coming to the hospital. CLICK HERE for more information and a map of the temporary detour.
The St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital is located at 189 Elm Street, between Wood Street and Hepburn Avenue. Paid parking is available in the East Lot (P1) off both Wood Street and Elm Street, the South Lot (P2) off Wood Street, and the Emergency Lot off Hepburn Ave.
From Highway 401
- Take Exit 177A, toward St. Thomas
- Turn slight right onto Colonel Talbot Rd/HWY-4
- Continue on HWY 4
- At roundabout, take the first exit (slight right) onto Sunset Dr./HWY-4/CR-4
- Turn left onto Elm Street
From London via Wellington Road
- Take Wellington Road South
- Turn left onto Talbot Line/HWY-3
- Continue to follow HWY-3
- Exit at the First Avenue ramp
- Turn right on First Avenue
- Turn right onto Elm Street/CR-56