Published On: January 11, 2021
COVID-19 Assessment Centre at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital To Stop Testing for International Travel on January 15, 2021
(St. Thomas, ON) Effective Friday, January 15, 2021, the COVID-19 Assessment Centre located at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital (STEGH) will no longer be testing individuals who are travelling outside of Canada and require a COVID-19 test before travelling or entering their country of destination. This is in compliance with a change in testing criteria from the Province of Ontario.
Individuals requiring testing for international travel clearance should consult their travel carrier for the most up-to-date information. Travellers needing a COVID-19 test should now search for other options, including private testing facilities.
Travellers should also consult Canada’s travel advisory page for information on travelling outside Canada and returning to Canada: https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/travel-health-notices/221
The COVID-19 Assessment Centre at STEGH will continue to provide testing at no cost for individuals who fall within the Ontario provincial guidelines. This includes individuals who:
- Are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Have been exposed to a confirmed case of the virus, as informed by the Southwestern Public Health Unit or exposure notification through the COVID Alert app; or
- Live or work in a setting that has a COVID-19 outbreak, as identified and informed by the Southwestern Public Health Unit; or
- Have no symptoms and require a test as an essential health worker, for Long Term Care visits, a medical procedure, cancer treatment, or;
- Are eligible for testing as part of a targeted testing initiative by the Ministry of Health
To book a COVID-19 test at STEGH’s COVID-19 Assessment Centre, call 519-631-2030, ext. 6210 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, include your full name and health card number, and list any symptoms you are experiencing.