The Patient Experience Office is dedicated to improving the experience for all patients and their families. We work in partnership with patients, families, staff, and our community. We are here to listen to the experiences of our patients and families and look for ways to help to make it better.
The Patient Experience Office will facilitate the investigation and resolution of patient, family and visitor issues, concerns and suggestions. It is equally important to receive compliments from patients and families so that we can acknowledge our staff when they meet patient care expectations and provide an excellent patient care experience.
As we continue on this journey, we will be guided by the following dimensions of patient and family centred care:
- Respect and dignity for patient values, preferences, expressed needs
- Coordination and integration of care
- Physical comfort
- Information, communication and education
- Emotional support, relieving fear and anxiety
- Involvement of family (as defined by the patient) and friends.
- We invite patients and family members interested in volunteering as as Patient and Family to contact us. Advisors work alongside STEGH staff and physicians to advise, advocate, educate and empower staff, physicians, patients and families on patient and family centred care practices and behaviours.
We invite you to share your stories!
How to Reach Us
Tel: 519-631-2030, ext. 2184
Mail: Patient Experience Office
189 Elm Street
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5C4