Published On: March 13, 2020
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital Modifies Visiting Hours
(St. Thomas, ON) – In order to ensure that we protect the health and wellbeing of our patients, staff, physicians, volunteers and the broader community, the St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital will modify its visiting hours. Changes take effect Friday, March 13 at 8:00 PM.
The modified visiting hours are as Follows:
- Visiting hours will begin at 10:00 AM and end at 8:00 PM daily.
- Visitors to the Emergency Department will be limited to one (1) family member.
- For patients who are admitted to hospital, we will be allowing two (2) family members who will be asked to restrict their movement and remain in the room of the patient they are visiting.
- Children age 16 years and under are restricted from visiting.
- For compassionate reasons we will accommodate the needs of families and patients including those in critical care, palliative and children. This will be done on a case‐by‐case basis.
- These changes are temporary, but will remain in effect until further notice.
- If you plan to visit someone at the hospital, please self‐screen to ensure that you are healthy and well, have no respiratory symptoms and do not have a fever.
The Hospital will evaluate the need to take additional steps as circumstances require.