Published On: March 3, 2020
What is MyChart™?
My Chart™ is an online website where patients can create and manage their own personal health information based on clinical and personal information.
Who has access to MyChart™?
Participating hospitals’ patients have access to MyChart™, but they can electronically grant access to family caregivers, hospital clinicians, primary care physicians, Community Care Access Centres (CCACs), and pharmacists, etc.
How do patients access MyChart™?
MyChart™ is accessible from anywhere at any time through the Internet. Once registration is complete users can go to www.mychart.ca and log in to review their MyChart™ records.
How do I sign up for MyChart™?
Simply CLICK HERE to visit the MyChart website to sign up.
What will I find on MyChart™?
You will find:
- Personal and family health details (including allergies and current medications)
- Online patient questionnaires
- Clinic visit notes*
- Radiology* (i.e. CT, MRI, X-Rays, Ultrasounds)
- Personal address book, compiled by the patients – physicians, caregivers, labs, clinics, etc.
- Personal diary and personal tools
- Labs* (i.e. Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank).
- Patient Profile (for Sunnybrook Family Practice patients only)
- Links to relevant disease-specific information and online events
*Certain conditions / delays may apply.
How does MyChart™ receive its information?
Directly from the hospital’s EPR system and through self-entered information. Some test results might not be available until reviewed directly by physician due to sensitivity and timing of patient’s last visit.
How is the confidential patient information available through MyChart™ secured?
MyChart™ is secured through the same encryption technologies used by the major banks for online banking.
Where do I find MyChart™?