At STEGH, we currently have approximately 860 employees in both full-time and part-time capacities. On average, we recruit approximately 100 new employees per year and have approximately 140 internal employees transfers. Whether you're a nurse, registered technologist, trades person or an administrative assistant, working at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital means you know you are part of something important - you're making a difference to people's lives. Our outstanding staff members are essential to providing excellent patient-centred care in the hospital and throughout the community.
We have it all: challenging and engaging work, a wide variety of positions to fit your career goals, great benefits, career development and training, work-life balance, beautiful surroundings and a sense of community.
STEGH employees work in a dynamic environment offering:
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding work
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Pension Plan with one of Canada’s largest and most respected defined benefit pension plans
- Employee perks (discounts at participating businesses, restaurants, fitness centres etc.)
- Targeted orientation program for every new employee, including a preceptor nursing program
- Ongoing training and development opportunities including a Competency-Based Leadership Development Program
- Resources and supports in areas including professional and personal coaching; mentoring; secondments/leadership exchanges and research
- Work/life Balance initiatives on-site
- Employee Family Assistance Program available for employees and their families
- Employee Bursary program for external education
- Scholarship program to support post secondary education for children of employees
- Canada Savings Bonds program
- Events and programs held throughout the year to celebrate the contribution of our employees STEGH Employees participate in an annual Employee Opinion Survey.
If you are interested in being part of the team at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital, view our current job listings.
Please note: We no longer accept paper applications or resumes.