Visiting a Patient
STEGH is committed to working with patients and families to provide compassionate, high quality care. We believe that it is important for patients to experience the support of family and friends and to be treated as an individual with unique needs. We are committed to providing a safe, secure and comfortable environment for our patients and staff. Patients and families are welcomed as essential members of the healthcare team. Visiting is based on the condition, care needs, and expressed wishes of each patient in each unit and may vary from one day to the next as the patient's condition changes/improves.
Guidelines for Visitors:
- Please wash your hands or use the available liquid sanitizer when entering and exiting the hospital. For more information on Infection Control, please read our Information Booklet.
- Do not visit if you are ill or have been in contact with a person with a contagious illness (e.g. respiratory illness with fever, colds, chicken pox, flu)
- Help us maintain a Scent Free environment. Please do not bring strongly scented flowers (ie Easter lilies) or use heavily scented body products (e.g. perfumes, lotion) when visiting. Flowers are not allowed in the CICU.
- Do not bring latex balloons. Mylar foil balloons may be purchased in the Hospital Gift Shop or at a florist.
- The Hospital is a Smoke Free Environment. Anyone wishing to smoke will be required to leave Hospital property. The property line is defined as city maintained sidewalks or beyond the tree line should there be no sidewalk. Patients requiring assistance to leave the property to smoke will require a family member to assist them.