Accessing Personal Health Care Information

Viewing a Health Record

A person can view their own health record at the health care facility where they were treated. The same guidelines apply for viewing the health record of an individual under the age of 16, or viewing the health record of the deceased patient. View our Health Records FAQs for more detailed information about accessing your health record.

How Do I Correct My Personal Health Information?

If demographic information, e.g., name, address, phone # etc., is incorrect, you can contact Central Registry at (519) 631-2030 ext. 2131.

If you feel that any other information in your health record is incorrect, or needs to be amended, contact the Privacy Office. Your request will be reviewed by the Privacy Office and the author of the record. By law, the hospital is not required to correct a professional opinion or observation made in good faith about a patient.