Patient Partnership Program
About the Patient Partnership Program
The Patient Partnership Program recruits, selects, and orients, STEGH patients and family members to become partners in hospital planning and decision-making activities.
Why become a Patient Partner?
By becoming a Patient Partner, you will influence the care and service offering for our patients and their families. You will:
- Share your thoughts and ideas
- Contribute to hosptial change and transformation
- Work with staff to improve the care and service for patients
What will I do in a Patient Partner role?
- Attend orientation, training and mentorship from STEGH staff and experienced Patient Partners
- Attend meetings and other opportunities
- Focus on the objectives of the project or initiative you are involved in
- Be committed to improving the care and services related to the project or initiative
- Actively participate in meetings by sharing your story, providing feedback and opinions
Who can become a Patient Partner?
Any former STEGH patient or family member who is:
- Living well with their health condition
- Able to attend daytime and early evening meetings
- Coping well with their hospital experience
- Able to listen well and enjoy working with others
- Willing to share their experience to help shape hospital decision-making, care and service
- Able to attend orientation sessions to prepare for this partner role