Patient Partnership Program
About the STEGH Patient Partnership Program
The Patient Partnership Program recruits, selects, and orients, STEGH patients, families and caregivers, to integrate patient partners into hospital planning and decision-making activities.
Why become a STEGH Patient Partner?
By becoming a Patient Partner, you will influence the care and service offering for our patients, their families and caregivers. You will:
- Share your thoughts and ideas
- Contribute to hosptial change and transformation
- Work with staff to improve the care and service for patients
What will I do in a Patient Partner role?
- Attend orientation, training and mentorship from STEGH staff and experienced Patient Partners
- Attend meetings and other opportunities
- Focus on the objectives of the project or initiative you are involved in
- Be committed to improving the care and services related to the project or initiative
- Actively participate in meetings by sharing your story, providing feedback and opinions
Who can become a Patient Partner?
A former STEGH patient, family member or caregiver who is:
- Living well with their health condition
- Able to attend daytime and early evening meetings
- Coping well with their hospital experience
- Able to listen well and enjoy working with others
- Willing to share their experience to help shape hospital decision-making, care and service
- Able to attend orientation sessions to prepare for this partner role