Guidelines for visitors
Babies in the SCN can get infections very easily. Infections may have long-term effects, and can delay the baby's stay in hospital.
Please do not visit if you have:
- a cough, sore throat, runny nose or fever
- a rash or weeping cold sores
- pink eye
- measles or mumps
- chicken pox
- flu-like symptoms or vomiting
If a family member or guest has been exposed to chicken pox, mumps, measles,
whooping cough or any other childhood illness within the last 14 days, please refrain from visiting the SCN.
- No food or drinks permitted, besides a sealed water bottle.
- Please wash hands or use the hand sanitizing gel before entering and leaving.
- Limit visitors to two at a time.
- Parents are NOT considered visitors and are welcome at any time.
- Visitors must be accompanied by a parent, unless previously indicated in writing by the parent(s).
- Siblings are welcome at all times when accompanied and supervised by a parent, as long as the siblings have been fully immunized (see restrictions above).
- Children under the age 18 (other than siblings) may not visit the SCN.
- At any time, visiting may be restricted to protect the privacy or safety of other patients.