The STEGH Auxiliary has over 60 members and since 1987 has donated over 1.5 million dollars to the Hospital.
The Auxiliary also runs The Gift Box at STEGH.
The Purpose of the Auxiliary
- To promote effective programs for raising money and establishing funds to assist the Hospital in providing its aid and care to the community
- To work in harmony with the governors, officers and administrators of the Hospital
- To offer personal service and aid to patients at the Hospital
- To operate such profit making ventures as are deemed appropriate from time to time including a Gift Shop, H.E.L.P.P. Lottery tickets, etc.
The History of the Auxiliary at STEGH
In the early years, The Auxiliary was known as the Women's Aid, and their fundraising efforts, consisting of Talent Shows, Food Sales, Operetta, among others, helped raise monies to furnish rooms at the Nurses’ Residence, the Reception room and donate funds towards the hospital equipment requirements.
- The Hospital Auxiliary Association continues today as The St. Thomas General Hospital Auxiliary. Our membership in the year 2019 stands at over 60 with people dedicated to helping our hospital deliver an excellent patient care experience.