Patient Safety Indicators
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital takes the care and safety of our patients very seriously and we are committed to the transparency and continuous improvement of our care and services. The Ontario government is introducing full public reporting on eight patient safety indicators.
Our hospital strongly supports the provincial government’s introduction of full public reporting on eight patient safety indicators. We believe it will inspire improved performance, enhanced patient safety and strengthen the public’s confidence in Ontario’s hospitals.
View STEGH’s reports on all eight patient safety indicators below. We will continue to update the data on these pages monthly and quarterly.
Patient Safety Indicators and Infection Control Rates at STEGH:
- C. difficile (Clostridium difficile )
- MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus )
- VRE (Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococcus)
- Hand Hygiene Compliance
- Ventilator Associated Pneumonia (VAP)
- Central Lines Infections (CLI)
- Surgical Site Infection Prevention (SSI)
- Surgical Safety Checklist (SSCL)