What Type of Information Do We Collect About You?
To provide you with quality health care, we collect both personal and health information from every patient. Name, date of birth, address, Health Card Number and extended health insurance numbers are examples of personal information. Patient’s health history, the records of their visits to the hospital and what health care we provide during those visits are examples of a patient’s health information.
How Is the Information Used?
The information we collect from each patient is used:
- To provide the patient with quality health care and follow up care in the community.
- To carry out quality assurance to help make us better.
- For patient satisfaction surveys to see how we are doing.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- For fundraising for equipment and facilities to provide patients with the most modern health care services.
- For research to make us the best we can be and to help develop new treatment and technologies for the future.
- For education to keep current health care practitioners up to date and to train new health care practitioners for the future.
If a patient’s information were to be used for any other purpose, their specific permission would be required first