TV & Telephones
A television is located in each lounge on the units, please do not bring your own television. The TV rental program is operated by Hospitality Network. A portion of all revenue generated is returned to St. Thomas-Elgin General Hospital with proceeds used to purchase medical equipment and supplies .
TV/Telephone Rental Program
To order a TV for a patient's room simply dial 3136 from the bedside phone. Patient family members or friends may also call the call centre at 1-866-223-3686 from any other phone during call center hours to activate services for loved ones or family members. Call Centre hours are listed below.
Telephones are available in most patient rooms. For the comfort of the other patients, incoming calls are discouraged between 11:00pm and 7:00am. Remember that cellular phones may not be used in the patient rooms or patient care areas. A teletypewriter (TTY), a telecommunications device for the hearing impaired, and specialized telephones for the visually impaired are also available upon request.
- Premium TV Service: $11.00 per day (plus applicable taxes)
- Phone Service: $4.00 per day (plus applicable taxes)
- Premium TV Service: $48.00 per 28 days (plus applicable taxes)
- Phone Service: $28.00 per 28 days (plus applicable taxes)
For patients who may be renting for a longer period of time, Hospitality Network is pleased to offer their “Customer Loyalty Program.” Once patients have spent $198.00 (plus applicable taxes), they will automatically receive $110.00 (plus applicable taxes) of free rental service.
Patients can rent any combination of services. Once they have consumed their free time, the rental will end and patients will have to start a new rental with their credit card. More information pertaining to the “Customer Loyalty Program” can be found on channel 74 on the patients TV.
The Continuing Care area does not qualify for the loyalty rates.
Disposable headphones are provided free of charge.
How To Order Rental Service:
Activation & Payment with VISA or MasterCard (From your patient room)
- Have your Visa or MasterCard ready.
- From the patient’s bedside telephone, dial 3136.
- For assistance, dial ‘0’ for our call centre. See call centre hours below.
Activation & Payment with VISA or MasterCard (From outside of the Hospital)
- Have a Visa or MasterCard ready and know the patient’s room and bed number.
- Call Hospitality Network at 1-866-223-3686 between 8:30 am to 10:00 pm Monday to Friday and 10:30 am to 8:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays (excluding statutory holidays).
If you need to call back for any reason you will need to re-enter the first 4 and last 4 digits of your Visa or MasterCard.