About Pastoral Care
Pastoral Care is there for you. We help by providing spiritual and religious care to patients, their families and the hospital staff. As part of the interdisciplinary patient care team, our goal is to make sure every patient's spiritual health is taken care of during their stay.
Some ways we can help...
- By listening to concerns
- By wrestling with the hard questions
- By acting as an advocate for you, the patient
- By helping to obtain the rites and sacraments of each patient's faith tradition
- By assisting in decision making
- By simply being present with you
- By contacting the leader of each patient's own faith community
- By praying with you
Pastoral Care is responsible for the coordination of the following within the Hospital:
Pastoral Visitors Team – a group of hospital trained volunteers who visit newly admitted patients offering support and help to contact the patient’s faith community if appropriate.
- Crisis Support Team – a team dedicated to providing a ministry of presence to the families and friends of critically ill or injured patients being treated in our Emergency Department.
- On-call Clergy Team – a team of community faith leaders who offer their expertise to the hospital by providing on-call coverage to deal with pastoral emergencies when the patient’s own faith leader is not available or for folks with no particular religious connection.
Coverage for pastoral emergencies is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please contact your nurse or the switchboard for help.
The Hospital Chapel is located on the first floor in the same corridor as Health Records.
Worship services are held in the ground floor lounge of the Continuing Care Centre on Tuesday afternoons at 2:30 pm
Phone: 519-631-2030 Ext. 2353