Welcome to the Patient Experience Office site!
The Patient Experience Office mandate is to improve the experience for all of our patients and their families and to do this in partnership with patients, families, staff, and our community. We are here to listen to the experiences of our patients and families and always look for ways to help to make it better. We are dedicated to connecting and working with our patients and their families and loved ones.
Through the Patient Experience Office, we will facilitate the investigation and resolution of patient, family and visitor issues, concerns, suggestions and complaints. It is equally important to receive compliments from patients and families so that we can acknowledge our staff when they meet patients’ care expectations and provide an excellent patient care experience.
As we continue on this journey, we will be guided by the following dimensions of patient and family centred care:
- Respect and dignity for patient values, preferences, expressed needs
- Coordination and integration of care
- Physical comfort
- Information, communication and education
- Emotional support, relieving fear and anxiety
- Involvement of family (as defined by the patient) and friends.
- We invite patients and family members interested in volunteering as as Patient and Family to contact us. Advisors work alongside STEGH staff and physicians to advise, advocate, educate and empower staff, physicians, patients and families on patient and family centred care practices and behaviours. For more information contact Strategic Communications and Stakeholder Relations Lead, Nancy Lawrence, 519-631-2030- ext. 2184.
We invite you to share your stories!
How to Reach Us
Tel: 519-631-2030, ext. 3748
Patient Experience Office
189 Elm Street
St. Thomas, ON N5R 5C4