Awards & Recognition
STEGH is proud to be an award winning health care facility. The Hospital has received many awards/formal recognition over the past few years, including:
- Ontario Hospital Association’s Quality Healthcare Workplace Award- Platinum Level in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
- STEGH Crisis Support Team received recognition for Outstanding Volunteer Contributions to the Community in 2011 from the Corporation of the City of St. Thomas
- United Way Award: Presented to St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital for significantly increasing the amount raised and contributed to the community and by substantially increasing donor participation in the 2011 United Way Campaign.
- Public Health GOLD AWARD: Wellness Works- Workplace Award 2009, 2010, 2011
- Recognition as “Examples of Success” were given to STEGH from the Health Quality Ontario (formerly the Ontario Health Quality Council) annual report regarding work to reduce Alternate Level of Care patients
- Accreditation Canada: Awarded Accreditation with With Commendation Standing. View the report...